Engr. Mahmood A. Sulehri (Civil/6058)
General Manager/ Head Contracts Division, NESPAK
- Fellow (Life) Institution of Engineers Pakistan (F1798)
- Fellow American Society of Civil Engineers, USA (228650)
- Member Construction Institute (CI), USA
- Thesis Examiner for of M.Sc. Civil Engineering at UET Taxila since Dec. 2005
- B.Sc. Civil Engineering (8th position): 1981, UET Lahore (76-Civil-02)
- M.Sc. Transportation Engineering: 2003, UET Taxila (MS-2K1-01)
- 29 Years Total Professional Experience
- Middle-level Corporate Management
- Construction Management and
- Contract Administration
Elected member of PEC Governing Body (2008-10-11)
- Member, Act and Bye-Laws Committee
- As Deputy Convener, EPD Committee, rationalized the CPD requirements
- Empowered Registered Engineers (RE) to perform Engineering work
- Overall safeguarding of interest of Engineering Community in PEC
- One of the best Contributors in Governing Body
- Member Board of Directors, PICC
- Total Publications: 13
- Book (300+ PP): 1
- International Papers 2
- National Papers 9
- Recipient of “IEP National Excellence Award 2011”
- Recipient of NESPAK “Long Service Award (1990-2010)”
Achievements as Elected Member PEC Governing Body
(as at October 2011)
- Deputy Convener: Professional Development Committee
- Member: Acts and Bye-Laws Committee
- Member: Board of Directors, Pakistan Institute of Costs and Contracts (PICC)
Ensured to safeguard the interest of Engineering Community at large in PEC; details of which follow:
- Spearheaded for rationalizing the requirements of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Served on and actively participated/contributed to the Special Committee for finalization of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Bye-Laws.
- As Deputy Convener of CPD Committee, lead the effort for development of system for EP Examination and development of CPD secretariat.
- As member Acts and Bye-Laws Committee and Task Group Leader, redrafted/revised the “Procedure of Price Adjustment Formula”.
- Developed standard formats of JV, Consortium, MOU, Letter of Association and Non-Disclosure Agreement which are expected to be shortly notified by PEC.
- Managed to introduce Quality Based Selection (QBS) for engagement of quality consultants.
- Blocked provisions from inclusion into PEC bye-laws for independent registration of foreign consultants, in the wider interest of the engineering consultancy business in Pakistan
- Constitution of a Committee of PEC Governing Body for development of Service Structure for the Government Engineering Departments.
- Supported Bye-Law for 45 Elected Member Governing Body (vs. present 15 Elected Members)
- Supported Bye-Law for Elected Chairman and Vice Chairman.
- Resolutions in 22nd AGM (Peshawar; 17 April 2010)
- Empowering Registered Engineer (RE) in PEC Bye-Laws to perform all professional work except signing designs and reports.
- Time Scale Promotion Policy for Provincial and Federal PE employees.
- A suitable Service Structure for PEs to be implemented by GoP.
- Incentive of Promotion to Engineers acquiring Higher Qualifications.
- Life Membership Incentive for Defaulter PEC Members.
- Overall safeguarding of interest of Engineering Community in PEC.
Pakistan Institute of Costs and Contracts (PICC) Activities:
- Nominated as Member of the Board of Directors of Pakistan Institute of Costs and Contracts (PICC) by MD NESPAK.
- Continuously liaising with Chairman PEC/BoD PICC and CEO PICC in order to support and make successful the newly established national organization.
- Initiated the move for passing the resolution by PEC Governing Body for financial assistance to PICC.